Weekends after 10AM
Education- MDH, Master's Degree in IT Management
- ATU, Master's Degree in Management
- UNT, Bachelor's Degree in Management
I am an experienced, highly qualified, expert math tutor, having taught both in a classroom and one-on-one. I have been helping students overcome their fears and doubts about mathematics for over eight years. I provide an individualized custom learning plan and the personalized attention that makes a difference in how students view math. Though math is my specialty, I also have extensive experience tutoring students in SAT and ACT prep.
My love of teaching comes from a lifelong love of learning. With a double Master’s Degree, I know that hard work and dedication to learning can pay off. As a college instructor and tutor for the last few years, I have had the pleasure of helping numerous of students realize their own potential and see their grades and test scores improve.
Working with me as your personal tutor is a pleasant experience. I enjoy teaching students of all ages. From my experience, each student has unique talents, inherent ability, and the potential to learn. They generally do not have any difficulty understanding the materials, they only need to find their best learning style and a strong motivation, which I hope to help them discover in my classes.
My focus is always on understanding concepts rather than simply knowing how to get the answers. I am able to identify gaps in student understanding and come up with a plan to fill those gaps and lead the student to success. Whether we are working on Pre-Algebra or college level mathematics, one of my goals for each session is to keep the student challenged, but not overwhelmed. I assign challenging homework after every lesson, and provide periodic assessments and progress reports. I will work with my students to find the method that best suits their learning style. I will show them ways to LEARN and not just MEMORIZE math. No matter which subject you or your child is finding challenges with, I will help raise your or his / her test score. I have tutored children with F's and D's and see them improve to B's and A's. I am an excellent tutor and I focus on understanding each student's own learning goals and how he or she likes to work.
All students can learn to do Mathematics!
The significance of math is astronomic. In addition to in school and on standardized tests (like PSAT, SAT, GRE, GMAT and ACT), math is vital in our careers and for our lifetime success. It is required for many college degrees and in almost all jobs now. It is the key medium that trains your brain to think logically and make rational, sound decisions. Unlike most other subjects in school, Math is very sequential. If students do not grasp an idea from pre-algebra, it can haunt them throughout their high school career. I can determine what building blocks are missing in a student’s math learning and turn those weak areas into strengths. Mathematics is more conceptual than knowledge-based. With many subjects, a student can easily prepare for a test by memorizing facts from a review sheet. With math, however, students become stuck as they hit concepts they cannot comprehend on their own.
As an experienced Math classroom teacher, I know that Math can be tough to teach in a group setting. While teachers do the best they can to explain Math topics in a way and at a pace that works for every student, given the different ability levels of students, this can be quite challenging to do. Most students are reluctant to ask questions in a group class for fear of “looking stupid.” But, in my private math tutoring session, my students feel comfortable asking about whatever they need, and they can be assured that it will be explained in a way and at a pace that optimizes their learning. I believe there is no such thing as a stupid question. I help students wrap their minds around challenging math concepts by explaining them in a way that is clear, concise, and compassionate.
My number one priority is always to make sure my students understand the math concepts in such a way that they are able to perform extremely well on school mathematics tests. I make this possible by:
- Reviewing and teaching material that student has struggled with on past assessments;
- Helping students with ongoing math homework assignments;
- Practicing mathematics comprehension using exercises from textbooks and a variety of online math exercises; and
- working ahead in the math class syllabus so the students are not overwhelmed when they are taught new material.
The “common denominator” of my tutoring is that I listen to what my students need, and I provide them with customized instruction to teach them as efficiently and effectively as possible. I have experience in using many different teaching approaches. I can work with students to find the approaches that are ideal for them. I understand that no two students learn in exactly the same way. Some learn best by listening to a lecture or watching problems being worked on the board. Some need the discipline of listing the steps in the algorithm. Some students grasp a concept through visuals and manipulative and others learn best when movement is involved with their learning.
It is advantageous for a tutor like me to use the strategies that have been developed with these different learning styles in mind. This enables students to learn and retain knowledge in a way that best matches their personal combination of learning styles.
Here is a list of some of the subjects and skill areas where I can boost any student’s ability:
- Elementary Math: It constitutes the building blocks of all math operations. Let me solidify your student’s learning of numbers, measurements, facts and more. I make sure your child is prepared for the Test. I target specific issues based on practice tests to make sure your child is ready. I help students learn test taking tips and tricks that will make them more confident in themselves. I will provide focused, one-to-one instruction tailored to your child’s evolving needs, incorporating the math textbook and materials from his or her classroom.
- Algebra: It takes a lot of practice and patience as your student begins more involved operations. From pre-algebra through college level algebra, I can ensure each student remains confident and ready for the next step.
- Geometry: It introduces new ways to think of shape, space, symmetry, and position. I will help guide your student through these new ideas with ease.
- Trigonometry: It encompasses both pure and applied math. As your student learns about sins, cosines, and tangents, I can help make sense of it all.
- Calculus: It’s highly intimidating, yet necessary for every student. It focuses on studying change which is represented by manipulation of variables. I can help you or your student take on this challenge and beyond.
- SAT / ACT / GRE/ GMAT Math: Beyond my strong Mathematics tutoring competency, I am an expert in helping students study for the Math part of standardized tests.
I’m passionate about teaching, and know how to help students master math challenges at every level. I understand that parents all want to see their children excel in school. Most of children are great at motivating themselves. But, some of them need a push to catch up or sometimes they need a little help to accelerate beyond their current curriculum. When it comes to building math skills, there is no reason to postpone giving your child that push!
I'm an enthusiastic teacher and I’m committed to helping students catch up, keep up, and get ahead in math. For me, there is nothing more satisfying than helping students realize that they can break what they believe to be their limits. I love helping students figure out how smart they are and how to use their intelligence to succeed. I believe that learning math is similar to learning a new language. In both cases, repetition is key! As a dedicated teacher, I am always excited to help my students understand math -- and maybe even learn to love it!
Whatever your mathematical needs and whatever your time constraints, I will be able to provide you with the very best private math instruction available in Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I would love to be a resource for you and your family this school year!
Hobbies- Reading non-fiction and scientific books
- Listening to music
- Playing Chess!
10th Grade math, AP Calculus BC, PSAT Mathematics, SAT Math, SAT Mathematics, GRE Quantitative, GRE Quantitative Reasoning, GMAT Quantitative, 8th Grade math, Elementary Math, GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, Math, CLEP College Mathematics, Middle School Math, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, AP Calculus AB, Algebra 3/4, Algebra 2, 11th Grade math, 12th Grade math, 1st Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 4th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 7th Grade math, 9th Grade math, ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, ACT Math, Algebra 1, ASVAB
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.